Thursday, July 10, 2014

Alex O’Loughlin’s Guide to Moonlight Ep 5

This interview was done in September 2009 By Retro Ed at SciFi TV Zone. It is no longer online but I preserved it. ~Enjoy

Episode 5
“Arrested Development”

Written by Chip Johannessen
Directed by Michael Fields

Although Mick has been trying to avoid Beth since he fed on her, the two come together to stop a serial killer who’s actually a 200 year old vampire who looks like a teenager.

“Not my favorite,” O’Loughlin says matter of factly. “I felt like I could have cared about the kid more. I’m not sure if as the lead or the voice of the show I should be this honest, but there was just something missing. I’m not entirely sure why. It was more of a ‘vampire-of-the-week’ to me. People ask about this show being a purist of the genre, but I’m a purist of drama and the importance of drama has been burned into my frontal lobe. Drama is life with the boring bits cut out and I felt like that episode was a little pedestrian. It didn’t feel like an organic Mick/Beth storyline.”





















No comments:

Post a Comment