Monday, July 7, 2014

Alex O’Loughlin’s Guide to Moonlight Ep 3

This interview was done in September 2009 By Retro Ed at SciFi TV Zone. It is no longer online but I preserved it. ~Enjoy

Episode 3 “Dr. Feelgood” 
Written by Gabrielle Stanton & Harry Werksmen 
Directed by by Scott Lautanen 

Mick and Beth have to stop a recently turned vampire who was never “trained” by the vamp that sired him. At the same time, Beth is trying to cope with her knowledge of Mick’s vampirism, while he details how he was turned by his wife, Coraline. O’Loughlin says, “I really like the idea of the rogue vampire. There’s a sort of sadness to it as well. The thing I love about this genre is that the metaphors are endless. It’s analogous to so many things. You look at what these vampires are struggling with and it’s exactly the same as the things we come across in our day to day lives. They’re animals trying to stay alive in this modern world. And there’s that ending where the other vampire says, ‘I understand; I see my place,’ and Mick says, ‘It’s too late’ and he has to kill him. It’s just very sad. I also felt like this episode was a little removed from the rest; it has a real standalone quality to it that separates it from the rest of the pack.”















No comments:

Post a Comment