Sunday, August 10, 2014

Alex O'Loughlin's Blog Note after Moonlight was Canceled on May 14, 2008

This is from Alex O'Loughlin's only authentic blog - his official MySpace... it's good to read (again)



Dear Friends, Family and wonderful, wonderful Fans of MOONLIGHT.

Well, where to start....?
The decision to cancel MOONLIGHT... my MOONLIGHT... our MOONLIGHT, is
as much of a shock and gut wrenching surprise to me as it is to all of you.

Really, I don't even know where to begin.

I sit here at my computer, still slack jawed even 24 hours after
receiving the news that my services are no longer required on the set
of this show. A show we have all come to know and love deeply, and it
hurts more than I can possibly tell you.

Since i got THE CALL I have not read anything online or otherwise, I
have not been following blogs or forums, I have not been reading the
trades or opinion polls and I have not been calling around to get
information.

"Why are you not fighting for your show?!" I hear you all scream!!
The truth is my friends, I never STOPPED fighting for it.

From the very beginning when I was told time and again that i wasn't
the man for the job, having to prove myself to everyone with tests and
screen tests, to a complete re-casting of the show, through 5
different show runners at the helm with 5 different artistic visions,
to a Writer's strike that took 5 episodes away from us...... oh how
the list goes on.

But through all of that, i am proud to say that not once did I bow
down and allow someone else to come in and do with MOONLIGHT as they
please. And along the way, if I needed a break and wanted to do that,
I don't think I could have anyway because, well, I suppose it's just
not in my nature! ;)

This is all still so fresh for me and I am going to need a little time
to process this whole thing before i can digest what has actually
happened, let alone move on.

Honestly. I really feel lost for words.

I will say however, that never, never in my life have I experienced
first hand a level of support from a group of people like that of you
all who are reading this now, and who 'loved this show to life'
alongside me. It has been overwhelming to say the least.

I am grateful to you all.

I am extremely proud to be associated with this piece of television.

And I am so, so sorry to my very core, to lose MOONLIGHT.

All my love,

Alex O'Loughlin x

No comments:

Post a Comment